Sunrise Project Building Rental Policies
1501 Learnard Ave. Suite E
Lawrence, KS 66044
The Sunrise Project Community Kitchen and Classroom was built through the generous donation of the Kriz Foundation. The Kitchen and Classroom space provide a venue for the community to cook, eat and learn from one another. When a Sunrise Project workshop is not scheduled, community members, non-profits, organizations, clubs and other groups are welcome to rent the space.
A representative over the age of 18 must be present during the use of the building. The group making the reservation request will be held responsible for any and all damages to the building, contents, and grounds. No smoking, illegal drugs, weapons or animals (other than companion animals) are allowed in the building. The group utilizing the building must agree to, and a representative sign, Sunrise Project’s Terms of Agreement.
Below are the fees for use of the building. Groups that do not have any income are encouraged to speak with Sunrise Project staff about a reduced or waived fee.
Amenities include: Fully equipped kitchen, seating for 25, projector and screen, p.a. system with Bluetooth compatibility and wireless internet.
Meeting Space $35/first hour; $20 each additional hour
Meeting Space + Kitchen $60/first hour; $20 each additional hour
Kitchen Only $50/first hour; $20 each additional hour
Outside Catering Fee $20 one-time fee for each rental period
(not cooking in kitchen but using kitchen space)
If your group is interested in renting the space for a whole day, you will have access to the meeting room and kitchen for $250. Call for more details.
A $50 deposit is required at the time of reservation (once approved). The deposit will be returned provided the building and grounds are properly cleaned at the time the keys are returned. In case of cancellation, a full refund of deposit will be made.
Occupancy limits are as follows due to fire code:
Please submit the room reservation form as far in advance as possible to make sure the request is approved. Approval will be made via e-mail or phone, normally within two business days of submitting the form. The rent is also due when your submission is approved (along with deposit). In case of cancellation, a full refund of rent payment will be made, along with deposit, provided cancellation occurs at least one week in advance. Cash, check or credit card can be used to pay for the rental fee. Checks should be made payable to Sunrise Project.
Questions may be directed to Sunrise Project, 1501 Learnard Ave. Suite E, Lawrence KS 66044; 785-856-1618 or e-mail email@example.com.
Sunrise Project Building Rules
- Sunrise Project has full discretion to approve or not approve rental space.
- Rental may be scheduled up to 6 months in advance.
- Kitchen and classroom space is available from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. If an exception is needed, please speak with Sunrise staff.
- The key for the kitchen and classroom space is kept in a lock box on the east side of the building, near the classroom doors. Sunrise staff will let you know the code the week of your rental.
- Groups utilizing the Sunrise space must stay within the clearly marked parameters of the property. Restrooms are accessed by walking through the greenhouse and south; no persons are to walk in any other parts of the greenhouse space. Coffee shop space is off limits as are staff offices.
- Persons renting the room must be at least 18 years old and an adult must be present at all times during the rental.
- Requests to utilize projector, screen or p.a. system must be noted on application.
- Publicity about an event/function may not imply that Sunrise Project is a sponsor. As well, Sunrise Project contact information (e-mail, phone) may not be used as a point of reference for your event.
- Cancellation of a function should be given to Sunrise Project as early as possible. If the cancellation is not received one week prior to the reservation date, the deposit will be forfeited.
- No smoking, illegal drugs, animals (except for companion animals) or weapons inside the building.
- Groups affiliated with hate or bigotry are not welcome to use the Sunrise space. Sunrise Project reserves the right to decline any application without explanation.
- Room guests are not allowed to tack, tape or post any signs or materials on room doors, walls, windows or elsewhere. A whiteboard is available upon request.
- If renting the kitchen, Sunrise Project dishware and cooking equipment may be used, as well as cleaning products. However, other Sunrise property (food, ingredients, other items in cupboards) should not be disturbed.
- Sunrise Project will not be held responsible for accidents or any personal items lost or stolen before, during or after a function.
Any group, organization or individual failing to comply with these rules will be denied future building privileges.
Sunrise Project Cleaning Requirements
- If using the meeting space/tables please wipe down using multipurpose cleaner and towel stored under sink.
- Please sweep before leaving. Broom and dustpan are in the closet.
- If using the kitchen, clean all counters and any space that may have gotten dirty. Dishwasher may be used for most items. Any wood dishes or knives must be hand washed. Please start dishwasher before leaving. Dishwasher detergent is under the sink. If hand washing, use the “three sink method,” posted above the 3-compartment sink. Leave dishes to dry and sweep.
- Place any food that is to be discarded in the bin that says “compost.”
To apply for rental space, please fill out THIS FORM and we will get back to you soon. Thank you!