Located at 1501 Learnard Avenue in Lawrence, Kansas.
Empower people to live healthy, self-determined lives through engagement with food and the environment to build a socially just community.
We envision a resilient community that provides for its own needs and offers opportunities for all people to grow and eat culturally appropriate foods, care for the land and one another. We are committed to creating an equitable system in which people of all ages and experiences live self-determined, healthy and meaningful lives.
● Our environment, and emphasize the importance of energy conservation, resource management, and the provision of healthy local food to the community;
● Physical, mental and spiritual health, as well as general quality of life, as defined by each person for themselves;
● Experiential and shared learning as a means of expanding food and environmental literacy, valuing all knowledge, from technical to experiential;
● Nurturing community relationships and cooperative experiences;
● Spreading social justice, personal empowerment, and positive systemic change for our whole community; and
● Creatively accomplishing our mission and vision without sacrificing fun and beauty.
Emily Hampton, Executive Director
Melissa Freiburger, Director of Programs
Skyler Adamson, Lawrence Fruit Tree Coordinator
Sybil Gibbs, Sunrise Coffee Manager & Community Connector
Board of Directors
Byron Wiley, President
Becki DeRusseau, Treasurer
Chavis Lickvar Armstrong, Secretary
Chris De La Cruz
Emily Hampton (non-voting member)
SUNRISE PROJECT, P.O. BOX 1454 LAWRENCE, KS 66044, U.S.